Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Rain, Rain… ☔️

Rain, rain, go away,
Come again another day.
Today begins at least four straight days of rain. The weather app on my phone says that it will only be light rain for parts of the day; however, my local meteorologist says the rain will be heavier and more long lasting. While the forecast calls for scattered showers with heavier rains this afternoon. 

Apparently, this means my commute home is expected to be in heavy rain. Maybe, it won’t be so bad. I hate driving in the rain in Vermont, especially this time of year. Vermont is not very good about keeping the lines on the roads painted, and they always fade during winter. They often get repainted in the summer, but for now, it’s hard to see the lines.

The heaviest rain is predicted for Friday when a severe storm hitting the southern United States will reach us. It is doubtful the rain will even come close to the severe storms in the South. We have severe snowstorms in Vermont, but rarely do we ever have severe rain storms. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve heard thunder or seen lightning up here. In the South, we’d get very heavy rainfall, especially during the tropical storm season, but here in Vermont, it’s usually mostly very light rain.

As long as I can stay home and read while it rains, I don’t mind it. I only get aggravated by rain when I have to be out in it. I’m off work tomorrow, and I have errands to run. I’m hoping there is a break in the rain while I’m running them. The rest of the time we are expected to get rain, I should be able to just stay home and curl up with a book and Isabella.

6 comments:

Michael Lucifer said...

Dear Joe, I am sure that chap clutching his umbrella is really in England. We thrive on our regular rain showers.

JiEL said...

Please don't complain about rain as any weather is an «act of God»... LOL !
You have to know that rain is our best friend to prevent wild forest fires and help crops to grow. Nature needs this not to forget up here in Province of Québec to fill our dam reservoirs which is providing our clean hydro electricity.

Next summer, many eastern states of USA will count on our clean electricity for their air conditioning machines during the hot summer days.

Rain is a gift of God...

Anonymous said...

Teniendo en cuenta la terrible sequía que sufrimos en el sur de Europa, envidiamos esas lluvias que tanto aborreces José.
Lo que opinio es que en el cielo están muy mal organizados ya que debería de llover solo por las noches excepto los fines de semana y vísperas de festivo, para que la gente pueda salir de fiesta en la noche.
Así lo creo y así lo digo


Ángel

Anonymous said...

I remember a few years ago you would make a bubble bath and candles....and have some private pleasure. What about doing that?

uvdp said...

Oui , JiEL , il faut de la pluie , mais pas trop . En France de nombreuses habitations ont été inondées .

Joe said...

I may not like getting out in the rain, but I know the necessity of it. I also know that last June Vermont suffered devastating floods that we are still recovering from, so, I hope you will excuse my dislike of the rain. The last major floods, I was pinned in at home with no access out. All surrounding roads were flooded. I had not electricity, and I had the need to go to the grocery store. Growing up in Alabama and going to grad school in Mississippi, I dealt with hurricanes and tornadoes, two more devastating rain events. But, in the South, we also suffered drought, and I can remember how bad it was when I was young, and farmers had to bring in hay for their livestock from other states. Weather is a natural part of life, but it doesn't mean I have to always like the weather we get.