Saturday, December 25, 2021

Moment of Zen: Christmas Cooking


I love cooking for holidays whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, or the Fourth of July. You name it, and I love the food traditions on holidays. Usually, when I go home to Alabama for Christmas break, I do most of the cooking for our Christmas get togethers. My mama isn’t as able as she used to be, so I take up the slack. I usually stay through New Years to cook for that holiday as well. My grandmama always made a very traditional southern New Year’s meal, and after she died, I kept the tradition alive. This year will be the third year in a row that I haven been there to cook for New Years, but maybe next year will be different. My mother has assured me that I will be home next year for Christmas “come hell or high water.” 

This year, like last year, I’ll be doing all the cooking just for myself, though I may take some cornbread dressing down to my neighbor. My plan is to have some turkey, dressing, and a few vegetables. I have some ice cream for dessert.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very happy Christmas, hope you and Isabella have a great day.

Best Wishes

Patrick

naturgesetz said...

Merry Christmas to you, Joe!

Anonymous said...

Very belatedly - Happy Christmas, Joe. Roderick