Friday, December 31, 2021

Solo New Year’s Eve


I was supposed to be going to New Queers Eve (NQE) tonight with friends; however, because of the Omicron variant of Covid-19 and rising case numbers, NQE has been postponed until March 4. That means it will be about two weeks after Winter Is a Drag Ball, which has “The Good, The Bad, and The Fabulous” as its theme in 2022. For that, I have an outfit, and with just over two months until the postponed NQE, I should have an outfit figured out for that one too.

Since I will not be going out tonight, I’ll ring in the New Year with Isabella, but she won’t be getting any champagne, although she might get a kiss if she lets me give her one. I am sure by midnight, she’ll be sound asleep, or she’ll be pestering me to go to bed. She doesn’t like me staying up late, which may have everything to do with me sleeping later when I do stay up, and if I sleep later, then she gets fed later. She expects her breakfast no later than 5:45 am, but earlier if possible.

If you do end up going out tonight please be careful. If you don’t know the vaccination status of everyone, and probably even if you do, please wear a mask. Have fun if you do, and I hope you get a kiss from someone you love or just someone you want to make out with or someone you want to be your first fuck of the year. I’ll live vicariously through y’all. 

Photo Credit: Twitter 

10 comments:

uvdp said...

Obey Isabella: go to bed early. Good end of year.

BosGuy said...

We will go watch the "family" fireworks in Boston at 7PM on the Common, then order out from a Greek restaurant in the n'hood and watch a TBD movie. Might turn on the TV at Midnight to watch all the nonsense but that remains to be seen.

Happy New Year and wishes to you for a happier and healthier 2022.

Cheers.

Adam said...

Happy (and healthy) new year, Joe.

Anonymous said...

Happy NYE to you and Isabella!

Thanks for your thoughts during the year. Especially poetry tuesday. Know it is a lot of work. Thank you. πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³

Alexander

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and Isabella, hope your health improves next year.

Best Wishes

Patrick

naturgesetz said...

Happy New Year!

Dakoda said...

Happy New Year, Joe! I will be spending the evening with my husband and our daughter (our sons both have plans with their girlfriends). We will be catching up on Yellowstone (because we did not catch last Sunday's episode due to a cheer meeting). Then we will probably watch something funny before switching it over to watch the ball drop in NYC.

Tomorrow, we will be joining my brother and his family at my parent's house for New Year's Dinner. Mom is making fried pork chops and sausage balls (for those who don't like the pork chops), black-eyed peas, collard greens, mac and cheese, and chicken n' dumplings.

I hope you and Isabella have a good night! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Joe, and may 2020 be better! Roderick

Anonymous said...

Joe

Happy New Year and my 2022 be the best year for ALL

Jon From Athens GA

Go DAWGS

Anonymous said...

…the first fuck of the year…. What a great thing to mention on New Year’s Eve! I’m happy to have that image in my mind this morning.

And I am reasonably sure that you will have a wonderful quote from the Bible tomorrow that will also be also put a happy image in my mind.

That’s why I love reading your post every day. Thank you for all the history lessons and poetry. And thanks for starting to include more hairy chested men in the Pic of the Day images. Happy New Year Joe. Your blog is a treasure.

CharlesOfDurham