Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Can't Help Falling In Love



"Can't Help Falling In Love"
written by Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore and George David Weiss

Wise men say only fools rush in
but I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
some things are meant to be
take my hand, take my whole life too
for I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
some things are meant to be
take my hand, take my whole life too
for I can't help falling in love with you
for I can't help falling in love with you

I can't help falling in love with this song.  It is such a beautiful love song, which basically says that we can't choose who we love.  Even if it's a sin to fall in love and stay, you have no choice but to love the person you fall for.  Some things really are meant to be.  One day I hope to find that love that is meant to be.  I've fallen in love, without a doubt there are two men that I am in love with, but in each case (and I will always love them, no matter what), there was something that got in the way, and it was not meant to be.  Someday, though it will be meant to be.  I refuse to give up hope.


4 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

When it is time, it will be time. I met mine when I was 53. For a variety of reasons, earlier would not have worked for either of us. So although that seems late, it was the right time. And all that time before we met became something we each brought to enrich our relationship today.
On a side note, Canadian heartthrob Corey Hart caught some flak when he did a version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" back in 1991, but I remember being delighted at being re-introduced to such a sweet song.

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right, we can't help who we fall in love with and for what reasons. But that love is real and genuine and changes lives even if it's not meant to be. When you do find that one who is meant to be, he'll be the luckiest man on earth to call you his own. Never give up hope.

Pier Roberto Giannelli said...

Did you know that much of the melody of this song was taken from a 19th- century romantic composer? I think his name was Martini. The title of the song was "Plaisir d'amour." I've always thought that it is an example of how the old classics (from the 18th and 19th centuries) are still very much alive even when the average listener or movie-goer doesn't have a clue.

Pier Roberto Giannelli said...

Not to mention its debt to "Unchained Melody," which for me will forever belong to the Righteous Brothers.