Sunday, July 25, 2021

Wisdom


But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

 James 3:17


God’s wisdom is not the same as what we see in our world. Our world is loud, it pushes to be seen, it fights to be right, and believes it knows best. God’s wisdom looks like an open mind, empathy, merciful, pure, and full of peace. Pray that God would fill you with His wisdom that you can rely on as you navigate a chaos-filled world. 


___________


 

Short and sweet today because I did not get home from my date until 1 am. We met at a museum then went to his place, where he cooked me dinner. It was delicious, and we spent the rest of the evening talking. Basically from 2 pm until I left around midnight, we talked almost nonstop. I had a great time, and I hope this isn’t the last time I see him. I think he’d make a great friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds familiar. The first time my partner and I met up, we talked all day (from 10 am to midnight) and only stopped because he had to drive two hours home that night, and then ten hours to his parents' place the next day.

At the end of November this year that day will have been 25 years ago and we're still on the same wave-length.

BWC

naturgesetz said...

Sounds good!

JiEL said...

For your first Sunday Christian part, I can only say that too many aren't doing enough to comply to God's wisdom and main Law, LOVE on another.

For your date, I wish this can lead to a real relationship IF it has to be so.
Never know where it can lead to but give you and him a chance to grow in this new relationship.

Love isn't found, it's built.