Monday, October 5, 2026

And So the Marathon Begins

Yesterday, I read a tweet or an Instagram post—I can’t remember which—that said the worst part of a weekend is that it eventually comes to an end. Well, mine has come to an end, and I am definitely not ready for it.

The next two weeks are probably going to feel like a marathon at work. There isn’t a single day when I don’t have at least one or two classes, tours, programs, or some combination of the three. On top of that, my schedule is going to be a little strange. I have nighttime and weekend events coming up, so my usual Monday-through-Friday, 8-to-4 routine will be anything but routine for the next couple of weeks.

I know I’ll get through it all. I always do. Right now, though, looking at everything ahead of me feels a little daunting. I’m trying not to think about the entire two weeks at once and instead just take it one day—and one class, tour, or program—at a time.

But first, I have to get through this morning.

At the moment, I’d much rather still be asleep. The weekend simply wasn’t long enough, and Monday morning arrived far too quickly. Unfortunately, the alarm clock, my calendar, and Isabella don’t seem particularly interested in my opinion on the matter. Of the three, Isabella may be the least willing to negotiate.

So, here we go. Let the marathon begin.

No comments: