Saturday, February 8, 2014

Moment of Zen: The Winter Olympics


There are a lot of athletes I could have chosen for my moment of zen, but because of the great pictures of John Daly, I decided to choose him.  I hope you find the Winter Olympics a Zen moment.  I, obviously, realize there is controversy over Russia's anti-gay propaganda laws, but the Olympics are about peace and honor.  As the Olympic Charter states "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." Go Team USA! I also wish all of the athletes a wonderful and safe games.

John Daly
Age: 28
Team: USA
Sport: Skeleton Race 
Why watch him: Daly was a BMX racer in his teens and a college track star. He finished in fourth place at the 2013 World Cup race, which is a long way from coming in 17th place back in 2010 at the Vancouver games.

5 comments:

MAC said...

I'm inspired... USA! USA! USA!

silvereagle said...

From a facebook posting this morning: "Finally, another country looks like the laughing stock, taking some of the attention off the USA."

"Enjoy the Olympics. They are meant to show Russia at its best. But they really show how little the country has changed and how far it has to go."

Glad I am not there!!!

fan of casey said...

VPL!

JiEL said...

I agree with «Silvereagle» and that the real spirit of the Olympic Games are friendship, peace and to participate honestly.

Politics are to be banned from those activities...

Pardon me but I'll be patriotic here: GO CANADIAN GO!!

From Montreal, land of snow and winter... ;-)

Anonymous said...

USA! USA! USA!

I agree, and I was tweeting last night about and to some of the people who think because Russia is a backwards autocracy that we ought to take the opportunities of Olympic competition away from the 2600 athletes who have worked so hard so get to the top of their sports. Phooey on that.

USA! USA! USA!

Peace <3
Jay