Monday, April 7, 2014

Successful Drama


The play was a great success.  We had a nearly sold out house on Friday night, and though it wasn't quite as full on Saturday night, we had a more responsive crowd.  The girls did better than I ever could have hoped.  They are teenagers, so it wasn't perfect, but they did as I said and they covered it well.  All the practice and hard work paid off.

After a week of working no less than fifteen hours a day and appending my spring break the week before getting the set ready, I slept most of yesterday.  My body was so tired, I was aching all over.  However, I am glad that we also raised a fair amount of money for charity.  Because the play we did had a fair amount to do with diabetes, we raised money for the American Diabetes Association.

I am so incredibly proud of my drama club, I just can't say it enough.


A few notes, I'm not going to say which play because i need to remain anonymous.  Also, the picture above is most likely from a production of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."  I'd love to do a Tennessee Williams play sometime, whenever I convince some boys to be in the plays.

6 comments:

silvereagle said...

CONGRATS!!!! We knew you would be a great director!!! Have confidence in yourself.....all that worry for nothing!!!

And, next time do Cat On A Hot Tin Roof with the actor as shown in the photo and all your readers will be there for sure...a complete standing room only crowd...and I want to help in the (un)dressing room!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I'm so glad it went well. I'm sure the students lived up to the expectations that were set for them, as they usually do. You did an excellent job directing them if they did. Congratulations!

Peace <3
Jay

Anonymous said...

BRAVA! BRAVA!

Michael Dodd said...

Congratulations to you and your entire crew and cast.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. All that hard work sure paid off. Glad it was such a success. <3

fan of casey said...

I hope you took a well deserved bow along with your team.