Thursday, February 16, 2017

Breakfast


I don't often eat breakfast even though I know I should. However, if the man above was serving me breakfast I'd eat every morning. Usually, breakfast for me is a cup of coffee. But there are many benefits to eating a proper breakfast.

The literal meaning of the word "breakfast," is to break the fast between dinner and the meal eaten after a person wakes up the next morning. If you think about the amount of time spanning between dinner and breakfast, the meaning of the word is very fitting. For most people, it can be up to 12 hours since their last meal, and yet like me, they are quick to skip it as they rush out the door. Here are 10 benefits of eating breakfast and why it should be considered the most important meal of the day:

1. Energy Boost to Start the Day
2. Sharper Focus
3. Breakfast Helps Reduce Morning Crankiness
4. Metabolism Boost
5. Prevents Starvation
6. Keeps You From Overeating
7. Allows You to Properly Portion Your Meals
8. Helps Lower the "Bad" Cholesterol
9. Breakfast Can Be Nutritious and Delicious
10. Eat Breakfast to Lose Weight

1 comment:

naturgesetz said...

I'm not sure it's the most important meal of the day, but I often say, with complete confidence, "Breakfast is one of the three most important meals of the day."

When I worked at the JFK federal building in Boston (for most of the 27 years I was with the IRS there) my weekday breakfast was a jelly doughnut and a cup of black coffee from the stand in the lobby. It provided three of the major food groups: grain, fruit, and caffeine.