Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Good and The Good



The good news is that things seemed to go exceptionally well yesterday at the job interview. I think I did exceptionally well with those I interviewed with. It was about a four hour process. From what I could gather, it's up to the CEO as to whether I get the job or not. Since he did more talking than I did in our interview, that interview is a toss-up. I'm hoping that I will hear their decision soon. Maybe today, but probably by the end of the week. Then again, who knows.

In other good news, Democrat Doug Jones won election to the U.S. Senate from Alabama in a sharp blow to President Trump that narrows the GOP’s majority in the Senate to two. He beat Roy Moore, a former chief justice of the state Supreme Court who had been accused of child molestation. I honestly never thought it would happen, but it did. A Democrat has won a Senate seat in Alabama.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, as I recall them the post-interview waits, however well the interview itself went, are very stressful. As to the election my daughter emailed me: "Yikes" and I emailed back "I can't believe it. Miracles happen," in view of your original comment about "Democrat = Black" in the minds of the voters. Roderick

Susan said...

Congratulations on both fronts, Joe. Feels more like Great and Great than Good and Good. :)

Anonymous said...

Keeping my balls crossed for a good outcome. That's all you can do it put your best foot forward. Just remember you had the job when interviewed or else they would not have called you in. It's now determining if you are a fit with their team. Best of luck dear.

Soul Yaoi said...

Good luck. Crossing fingers.