Thursday, April 7, 2022

A Long Day

The movers came at 8 am and loaded everything on their truck, drove to my new apartment, and unloaded my stuff. The movers I hired were fantastic. They took great care of my stuff and were exceedingly nice. I did some unpacking yesterday and set up my new mattress, but it needs 24 hours to expand before it’s ready to sleep on. I was up late the night before getting the last few things done and ready for the movers. I was utterly exhausted and went to bed early last night.

When I moved to my last apartment, Isabella hid for nearly a week. She does not like change. Yesterday, she hid for about two hours and has been roaming around exploring ever since. She eventually settled down and found some place to curl up and sleep for a while. A cat has to have her naps. She seems to really like the new place and so do I.

8 comments:

naturgesetz said...

I still have things that are in their boxes from my move to this house in 1884. But that's because there is no place to put them, so it's best to keep them stored (until I throw them out).

I'm glad Isabella likes it.

uvdp said...

Glad everything went well. Unpack as you go, save your back. Pamper Isabella.

BosGuy said...

So happy to read that the move went smoothly.
Welcome to your new home. I hope it suits you.

Anonymous said...

After so many years either your house is a marvel from which you do not want to move or you need a change of air...
What is the reality? 😉

Ángel

Anonymous said...

A tip to start unpacking your stuff in your new home: get your favorite music and don't pretend to do it all in one day.
Angel

naturgesetz said...

Angel —
My house is location which is very convenient for me in a number of ways. It is bigger than I need for personal use, but to move to anything smaller would require the effort of getting rid of a lot of things which I don't want to just throw away, including furniture made by my grandfather, books, phonograph records, and paintings. And I would probably end up in a location which is less convenient.

VRCooper said...

If Isabella is happy then we are happy!!

Make new memories.

Cook something special in the new place to celebrate and then every year it will be a tradition.

Don't forget to introduce yourself to your neighbors and bring a little something.

Anonymous said...

Happy for you in your new place. Enjoy your new space. Invite your guy friend over and break in the new bed.

Kisses

Jon From UGA