Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Long Migraine

I have a had a severe headache since Friday. The pain has been across the top half of my face, the back of my head, my neck, and shoulders. Sometimes it is only on one side or the other, but mostly both. My head also feels hot, but I haven’t had a fever, nor does it feel hot to the touch. I've had nausea and was vomiting Monday night. The pain comes and goes in intensity, but Monday night it got so bad that I contemplated going to the emergency room. The only relief I’ve gotten is when I used a cold pack on the back of my head and forehead and which seemed to relieve things enough for me to fall asleep. Sleep helped a little. Yesterday morning, I felt better when I woke up, but it slowly got worse the longer I was awake.
 
I took naratriptan as prescribed, but it did not help, and because I have a laryngoscopy on Friday, I have been told to refrain from taking my Anaprox (550 mg naproxen sodium) for 7 days before the procedure. I'm not sure what I can do because this is not my usual headache. The pain though has been unbearable at times.

I went to work yesterday but was only able to stay about two hours before I had to go back home. By mid afternoon, I was feeling relatively normal again, but the headache was back by the time I went to bed. 

I contacted the Headache Clinic yesterday, but the nurse told me that it was unlike my usual headaches that I needed to see my regular doctor. That was a bit disappointing since my regular doctor usually tells me to contact my neurologist at the Headache Clinic. I have an appointment with one of the nurse practitioners at my doctor’s office because my regular doctor doesn’t have anything available until mid June. I’m seeing him on May 4 for a physical, so I’d be seeing him before that. However, the Headache Clinic wants me evaluated again to make sure I’m on to have the laryngoscopy on Friday. If my headache is better today (God willing, it will be), I’ll cancel the appointment with the NP. 

This headache has just been so bad. I thought it was the weather, but this is more than a regular headache affected by weather changes.

4 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Gosh, I hope it clears up right away.

Anonymous said...

Joe, your news is terrible. I am so sorry for you. You deserve better. Roderick

uvdp said...

I hope it will get better

Anonymous said...

I wish you VERY quick relief from that tremendous headache radiating to different areas of your head, face and shoulders.
I don't understand how you can have work activity with such pain, even more I can't understand how you have the strength to get out of bed.
Joe, take care of yourself and trust that soon you will get over this bad experience.
A hug from a distance.❤️

Angel