Thursday, November 10, 2022

All Good

It was nearly 10 pm before I got home last night.  The program went really well (except for the virtual component, which could have been better). We had a record crowd. In fact, we had so many that we had to simulcast it to the gallery where we had an overflow area. We ordered the perfect amount of food. We only had one of the boxed lunches left.

After the program, the speaker and I could finally have our lunch. After that, I took her on a driving tour of campus before taking her back to her hotel with a detour through town so she could see it. The university sits on the edge of town. I was able to go home for about two hours before going back to pick her up for dinner. Our reservations were at 7 pm, the service was slow but excellent at the restaurant we went to. The food was delicious. 

Today will be another busy day, but my speaker will need to be at the airport by 3:30 pm, and then I can go home and get some much needed rest.