Saturday, August 11, 2012

Moment of Zen: Snuggling with a Kitty


When I come home from a hard day of teaching, my lovely cat HRH (my blog nickname for her) is always there to make me feel better.  She sits at the window each day during the school year waiting for 3 PM so that she can meet me at the door.  I know that is where she waits because it overlooks the driveway, and I hear her distinctive thump as she jumps down from my chest of drawers to stand go stand at the top of the stairs.  There she waits for me to unlock the door and then comes bounding down the stairs to greet me.  I usually put my stuff down and lay down for a few minutes upstairs where she crawls into the crook of my arm and on my chest, much like the above picture, and we have our cuddle time.  I pet her as she purrs.  HRH is a wonderful companion and has been a happy addition to my home for nearly fourteen years.

3 comments:

Buddy Bear said...

I love these pics! Thank you! They're rather like Just a Jeep Guy's> Dogably Pawfect Saturday posts.

fan of casey said...

Joe: HRH is a queen of cats.

Unknown said...

Joe,

Do you have any pictures of yourself on this blog? Curious to see you ...