Monday, January 28, 2019

Date Night




 I had a date last night. Sorry, there was nothing salacious. I got in late, so check back and I’ll find time to write more about last night.

UPDATE:

I did have a good time. It was my first date with someone who performs as a drag queen. He was not dressed as a drag queen last night. I had seen him perform back in December, and when I saw him on Grindr, I sent him a message. I don’t usually do Grindr, but I will log in once every four or five months to see if anything has changed and it basically hadn’t. It was the same old people except for this guy. Come to find out, he was staying just up the road from me for the weekend. We chatted Saturday night, but he couldn’t get together then because he was going to a drag show that night. Lady Bunny was performing in Stowe. I hate that I missed it, but apparently, it was sold out. He had planned to be home by 10 but did not get home until around 4 am.

When he woke up Sunday morning, he texted me. We talked and made tentative plans to meet either that afternoon or that evening for dinner. It turned out to be dinner. I let him choose. The first place turned out to be closed, so I suggested a place that looked like it was open, only to find out that it was closed for a private party. So he made another suggestion, that place was closing as we walked in. So I made a suggestion, and of course, it was closed too. Finally, he googled to see what was open and we found a nice little restaurant that I had been to before to have dinner. Fifth times a charm.

We had a great dinner conversation and even stayed quite a bit after the meal talking. We talked about all kinds of stuff, including the upcoming Drag Ball. He asked me if I had decided what I was going to wear. Apparently, people get quite flamboyant in their costumes. The theme is a sort of mix between Broadway and BDSM. Any suggestions?

We hugged at the end and he said we should get together next time he’s in the area. Needless to say, a romantic relationship, this will not be. However, it may turn into a good friendship. He’s involved with a lot of LGBTQ stuff, so I should see him around. What happens next, I do not know.

2 comments:

bignate said...

I hope you had fun!

Dave R said...

Good conversation after a meal can be oh, so fulfilling.