Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Feeling Off


We may all have days when we just feel off kilter. Especially if you have a true mental health day like I did yesterday, you can become overwhelmed by feelings of depression and anxiety, and your emotions can be all over the place. I know that some people take a “mental health day” as a way of saying, I just don’t want to be at work and then taking a sick day. I probably should have taken a real mental health day yesterday, but since I’d taken a sick day for a migraine on Monday, I felt like I should be at work yesterday. Anyway, yesterday was an off day. I didn’t feel like myself, and I found it hard to even fake. I mostly sat in my office all day and tried not to fall asleep. I made it through the day, though, and by last night, I was feeling some better. I’m not sure what caused my sudden attack of depression and anxiety, but it was hard to do anything, including eating. I rarely lose my appetite over anything. Hopefully, today will be a better day.

6 comments:

BosGuy said...

Thinking of you today.
I had a rough patch for several months in 2020 and if it weren't for my partner I don't know how I would have been able to get through the depression and anxiety. I know you're on your own but I hope there is someone either a professional or good friend whom you can lean on.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better today Joe, I don't know much about depression thankfully, just hope you take care of yourself.

Joe said...

Thankfully, I am feeling much better today.

VRCooper said...

Hope you are feeling more of your bitchy self...We all have those off days...Some do more harm by "power through"...One guy I follow on Instagram was going on and on about grinding through each day and grinding some more...I told him to stop that nonsense...Some days we just need to get off the treadmill for a spell...Just be quiet...Be still...And relax with nothing really major on the agenda...Take all the days you need...Be true to who you are...If someone has a problem with that...Well, fuck'em...

uvdp said...

You are doing better ? Is your cat not relaxing ? Not too much rain ?

Joe said...

I am feeling much better, uvdp. My cat is what gets me through some days. She’s loving in her own little way. We actually didn’t get any rain from the remnants of the recent hurricane.we haven’t gotten much rain at all lately.