Friday, September 3, 2021

Pride Weekend 🏳️‍🌈

If I had this body, I might try to pull off a similar “outfit.” πŸ˜‚ 

Vermont Pride is upon us this weekend. While technically Vermont Pride has been going on all week, tonight is the first even I will be going to. Tonight is the Pride Ball.  I mentioned this a few weeks ago when I asked for advice about an outfit. I couldn’t find anything I really wanted to wear. That’s not exactly true, I did find a few shirts, but none of them were in my size, or if they were in my size, they were slim fit. Usually, slim fit shirts don’t exactly work well for me. So, instead of something flashy and bold, I will be a bit more low key.

 

The description says, “Bring your rainbow power and kick off Pride Weekend in Burlington!” I am going to let my rainbow power show in a subtle way. I have a white polo shirt that is trimmed with rainbow colors and a rainbow belt. I’ll wear light colored jeans with my polo and white sneakers with rainbow shoelaces. I’m not a big rainbow kind of guy, so I think this will suffice. 

 

The Pride Center of Vermont will host the Pride Parade and Festival on Sunday; the parade takes place from 12:30-1:00 pm. The Festival will be from 1-4 pm, and then from 4-9 pm, the Burly Bears will end the weekend with the Burly Bear’s Pride Closing Party. However, I’m not sure they will be doing this as they have not posted anything about it on their Facebook page. We’ll see, I’m going with my neighbor who’s a drag show fanatic. (She is like a RuPaul’s Drag Race Encyclopedia.) If she wants to stay for the Burly Bears closing party, then we will. For now, we’ll play it by ear.

3 comments:

VRCooper said...

Oh, dear!! Pride is where you wear what you would not normally wear. With your outfit may I suggest a black leather harness-tasteful in the front with magenta-colored wings with a hint of glitter for the back. Have fun. Staff off the front page.

uvdp said...

No report on this day?

Joe said...

We had fun at the pride ball, uvdp. However, we ended up not going to the parade and festival. My friend was feeling ill and since I had a bit of a headache, I just decided not to go on my own. I watched the parade on TV. As usual, it only lasted about 15 minutes, and so nice there usually isn’t much to the festival, I decided it wasn’t worth the drove up to Burlington alone. If my friend had been able to go it would have been different, because we had plans beyond just the parade and festival. That being said, the pride ball was really a lot of fun on Friday night.