Friday, March 17, 2023

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

I got up bright and early this morning. Since it's my day off, I made a nice breakfast. Last night, I mixed up the batter for some Ham and Cheese Scones. I just had to put them in my scones pan this morning and pop them in the oven. To go with the scones, I made some scrambled eggs and sausage. Honestly, I didn't need anything but the scones, but I had eggs left over from the egg wash that I brushed on top of the scones, so instead of throwing it out, I made scrambled eggs. Then, I just popped some sausage links in my air fryer. It was a good breakfast, but the scones were the best part.

When I lived in Alabama, my aunt always wanted corned beef and cabbage every St. Patrick's Day. I am not a big fan of corned beef, though I can eat it. I like cabbage if it is cooked well. When my mother would cook it, she would basically cook it to mush. I like there to be a little firmness to it. To make corned beef and cabbage is a bit much for just me, especially when it is something I'm not crazy about eating. Instead, I plan to make some pork chops for dinner tonight. I have not yet decided what I will cook with them, but it should be a good dinner.

5 comments:

BosGuy said...

Erin go Braugh!

Anonymous said...

Happy St Patrick's day Joe,don't know where the corn beef came form but it was never Irish.

naturgesetz said...

I decided I'd cook some corned beef and cabbage (w/ carrots & potatoes) for dinner this evening, but as the time for preparation approaches, I find myself growing less enthusiastic about actually cooking it all. I just don't enjoy cooking as I used to, but I still have the idea in the back of my head that it would be good to cook things so I buy stuff at the supermarket. CB&C isn't very difficult, once you've prepped the veggies, and now that I have the corned beef, I pretty much have to cook it sometime, so I suppose I will today or over the weekend.

Your breakfast sounds great.

JimNS said...

Happy St. Patricks Day. Your breakfast sounded good. Wish I were there. Love the way you take care of yourself even on your own. I would say you're what could be called a Home maker. Always enjoy your posts.

uvdp said...

Lá fhéile Pádraig sona dhuit. Google claims it means Happy Party in Irish