Thursday, November 30, 2017

40



That's how old I am today. 40. The big 4-0. Happy birthday to me. Today will be just another day at work. After work, we are all going to Montpelier to have drinks and dinner. That's how I will be celebrating my birthday. The real celebration though comes tomorrow. A coworker and I are going to Montreal. She had a terrible 40th birthday so we are going to make up for it and have a grand old time in Montreal. We have a hotel in the Gay Village. We may go see some museums first, then we will party in the Gay Village that night. I'm not sure what we will do Saturday but I expect to be a little hungover. I can drink how ever much I want, and I don't have to worry about driving, just being able to walk back to the hotel. I'm not a big drinker, so I won't actually drink that much. Anyway, it should be a gay old time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Enjoy your day!!

Susan said...

Have a super day, Birthday Boy. Enjoy tonight and the trip to Montreal. <3

JiEL said...

Happy Birthday Joe and I hope you'll have fun in Montreal.

I hope you'll go to the «Sky Pub» to have those drinks: Sky Pub is THE place to go and more now that they have a bran new decor.
There is also the «male stripper bar» the Campus (where I brought you the last time) but there you couldn't bring your female friend except on Sunday evening.

For the restaurants, many are quite good and in the Gay Village there are many kind of them.

For the Museums, the «Musée d'Art Contemporain» (Metro Place des Arts) is setting a very nice interactive exhibit of Leonard Cohen's life.
The «Musée des Beaux Arts de Montréal» (Metro Guy-Concordia) on Sherbrooke street, has many exhibits but the new one is all about the «Western Far West life» showing in many ways the influence of cowboys and «indians» in our medias, music and lives.

In the «Musée Pointe à Calières» in the Old Port, there is a new pavillon showing the real beginning of Montreal (Ville Marie) with a glass floor that goes over the remains of the first fort of 1642. Those artifacts were found while digging for some work. Then they've done some more careful archeologic diggings to find the foundation of that old fort.

So many things to do in Montreal.
Shopping in the «underground» mall is also a very nice thing to do in those kilometers of tunnels.

I whish you a very nice visit in my city.

Jean-Luc

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful birthday, Joe, enjoy yourself in Montreal. Roderick

JiEL said...

To help you

https://www.mbam.qc.ca/en/
There is a bran new pavillon that is so nice to visit: Le Pavillon de la Paix is a very impressive one that shows many artifacts going from the early 18th century to middle ages while going to the top floors of this amazing building

https://www.mbam.qc.ca/en/museum-district/pavilion-for-peace/

You should seriously to visit this new pavillon.

Friendly yours.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you. 40 is not so bad. I turn 50 on Dec. 7th of this year.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, young man! From an "old" 55-year old in Ottawa!

Joe said...

Happy early 50th birthday, Anon.

Marsha said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

manu-ad-ferrum said...

Happy Birthday, boy! I remember when I was 40 - just. I am now 976, and it's still good.