Friday, November 3, 2017

TGIF



It’s Friday again. We have to get through this day for the weekend. I’m looking forward to Saturday; there are some good football games on that I want to see.


By the way, has anyone been watching The Orville? I’ve found the show to be quite enjoyable. It’s funny and can be a bit silly on occasion but it doesn’t over do it. They’ve also dealt with some interesting subjects from social media to same sex marriage. While it can be serious, it’s also often funny. It’s a good mix like the old Star Trek movies used to be. I’m glad The Orville has been picked up for a second season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!!

JiEL said...

I'm also looking this Orville new «funny» serie.
As you said, it's sometimes a bit silly but nice entertainement.
The «same sex aliens» aren't really «gays» because in their world they're
no sex differences. But it's still nice and well brought out.

I also follow Star Trek Discovery and for now, I'm not desapointed with this new S.Trek version. Lot of very nice things as the actors, the decors and for sure, the new Klingons make up. Stories very in the same spirit as the old Star Trek serie.

Here also, there is a «gay couple» (the scientist and medical doctor).
Seems that even if being gay in USA is, in some states a big issue, the national broadcasters are putting gay models in many shows.

I'm also a great fan of the «Designated Survivor» and of «This Is Us» which one I shed some tears at each episodes.

News shows I'm also seeing are «Inhumans» and «Gifted».

As I have a 4K numeric recorder, I can record all my favorite series and look them when I want and I can skip the numerous adds too.. LOL!

Have a nice weekend.