Monday, March 2, 2020

A Sad Night



I haven’t often cried over politics. I was upset and angry when Hillary Clinton lost to Donald Trump, but I didn’t cry. The night Doug Jones defeated Roy Moore in the special election for the Senate in Alabama, I openly wept, but that night I wept for joy while watching the results from a hotel room in Chicago. Last night, I wept in sadness as Pete Buttigieg suspended his campaign for the Democratic nomination for President. I began to choke up when Pete’s husband Chasten choked up while introducing his husband, and tears rolled down my face as Pete said he was suspending his campaign. I truly believed in Pete’s message, and while I knew it was unlikely he’d get the nomination, I had hoped he’d stay in the race until after Tuesday when I could have cast my historic ballot for the first openly gay man to run for President from the Democratic Party. Pete made history with his campaign, and I pray that we will see more of him in the future. Pete and Chasten Buttigieg are an inspiration to me and many people out there.

The only thing I can do now is put my support behind Joe Biden. Biden 2020!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say not the struggle nought availeth,
The labour and the wounds are vain,
The enemy faints not, nor faileth,
And as things have been they remain.

If hopes were dupes, fears may be liars;
It may be, in yon smoke concealed,
Your comrades chase e'en now the fliers,
And, but for you, possess the field.

For while the tired waves, vainly breaking
Seem here no painful inch to gain,
Far back through creeks and inlets making,
Comes silent, flooding in, the main.

And not by eastern windows only,
When daylight comes, comes in the light,
In front the sun climbs slow, how slowly,
But westward, look, the land is bright.

He has achieved so much in so short a time. Roderick

Hot guys said...

I agree with you 100%, quite sad.
I loved their speeches I watched on YT earlier today.

Also, that pic you shared, still hot! xD

JiEL said...

Maybe in further years when he'll be OLDER... Very older….

USA isn't ready to have a gay President nor for a woman.

USA is too white-straight-old fashion-capitalist society to accept to achieve the changes in its society where diversity and new social ideas are hard to be put out front.

By going in the same path since centuries, USA is becoming outdated compare to many other more progressive countries in the world. This will cause USA to be less interesting to deal with and will be marginalised.
It's already be going on with the emergence of Russia, China, Japan and South Korea.

Dave R said...

We need to start telling the Bernie Bros to bite it.