Friday, March 6, 2020

First Friday



Tonight will be a busy night. I’ll leave work to go to Burlington for an artist’s exhibition opening. I’m a bit obligated to go because I own one of the paintings in the exhibition. My piece is part of a larger display of paintings depicting the stages of transitioning bodies. Each stage is a transition from female to male. It is quite a beautiful display as each painting represents a different color of the rainbow. The painting I own is a red painting of the male torso. I am hoping that in the future this artist will create a group of pictures of male torsos with each one a different color of the rainbow. I would love to have them on my wall. 

After the exhibition, I’ll go to dinner with a friend of mine and the artist. Then after dinner is First Friday, the monthly LGBT get together in Burlington. It is a mixture of drag and burlesque. Each month has a different theme. Tonight’s theme is Hoedown Throwdown. It should be a bit of country and western fun. I probably won’t get home until after midnight.

5 comments:

Hot guys said...

I think a busy night can be a good night.

At least it's not a boring one, right? Enjoy! :)

Anonymous said...

Post a picture of the painting...Try to get in a disco nap...We need you fresh on the hunt tonight...Your car does fit two...Have a great time...Relax...Enjoy...

JiEL said...

OMG!
With that cute cowboy in my bed I'd say and do: "Save a horse, ride a cowboy."

Dave R said...

What, no spurs?

Anonymous said...

Do these look like good quality cowboy boots? I don’t really know boot.