Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Doctor, Doctor


Nearly two weeks ago, I slipped and fell on the ice walking to my car. The pain in my lower back from that fall was not getting any better, and I my nose had been bleeding some, not majorly, but it was definitely something going on. On Monday, I had a major pain around my right eye and the right side of my nose. So, with the sharp pain in my nose (I have had a few episodes of minor nosebleeds) and the continued pain in my back, I decided to go see my doctor. It’s almost always impossible to get in to see him for a same day appointment unless I can convince the administrative assistants and/or his nurse that to something urgent, but not so urgent that I need to go to the emergency room. I called at 8:30 am to see about getting an appointment, and amazingly enough, he had a 9 am appointment available. I took it.

While I may have had a 9 am appointment, I didn’t actually see him until nearly 10 am, but I’m used to that. I really like my doctor for several reason (a purely shallow one is that he’s hot, not as hot as Dr. Gabriel Prado in the picture above, but still pretty hot). I like him because he listens and explains things. He has never made me feel awkward about anything, even when I was embarrassed to talk to him about something. He never dismisses me because he thinks it’s a very minor thing. He always takes me seriously. Furthermore, he has done wonders for my health. My blood pressure, cholesterol, and A1C are all very good at the moment. I’m losing weight, and he’s gotten me the help I need for my migraines. I really think he’s a wonderful doctor, and most importantly, I have never felt rushed when seeing him he always takes the time that’s needed with me, which is why I don’t mind waiting in the exam room for an hour. I actually enjoy, instead of dreading, seeing my doctor.

So, when I saw him on Monday, he looked at my back and felt around where it hurts, and he told me that I had a deep bruise on my pelvis, and it would get better in a week or so. He said that this type of injury is slow to heal. He gave me some exercises that will help, told me to use dry heat and ice on it, and gave me a muscle relaxer to help. As for my nose, he said that it’s so dry up here this time of year, that it’s very common to have dry nasal passages which can result in minor bleeding. He told me to put a little Vaseline in my nose.

Side note: the doctor pictured above is a Brazilian neurologist named Dr. Gabriel Prado (Instagram: @gabrielndsprado). I wish my neurologist looked like that, but my neurologist is female. While she’s a nice looking woman, she’s not my cup of tea, since I like men and all. Dr. Prado is one very sexy doctor and has the best smile. That is one thing he has in common with my regular doctor; they both have great smiles.



6 comments:

BosGuy said...

Hope the bruise heals quickly. Unfortunately, the cold, dry air in VT will remain for several more weeks. To combat that problem here in Boston we have taken to running humidifyers. They don't solve the problem entirely but it helps.

If you're using a CPAP machine, it can really dry out your nasal passages (my partner's model allows him to add water to help avoid drying out his nose).

Joe said...

BosGuy, my CPAP also allows me to add water, but I had to turn up the humidity level nearly to the maximum, which seems to have helped some. I also have a humidifier that I use in my bedroom.

Nick said...

I am a PCP (nurse practitioner, not a physician) and I love to hear stories like this! I am so glad you have a doctor who listens and helps, who you can trust with your health. I hope your pelvic bruise improved speedily. This time of year, I always use saline nose spray to keep my nose from drying out so bad. The generic from CVS or Walgreens will do, just follow directions on the bottle. Vaseline also works like a charm, especially immediately after a bleed, but can make things a little greasy. Haha

Anonymous said...

Over each heating radiator you can put a glass of water and thus the general atmosphere is maintained with a certain humidity.
Anyway, all the things you mention should work.
Take care of those lesions, they are heavy and painful and if they do not heal properly they can be recurrent.

Ángel

Marsha said...

You might also try Ayr for your nose. It's a gel like stuff in a tube that you can use around and in your nose. It's amazing, isn't greasy at all and really easy to use. It works better for me than saline spray.

https://smile.amazon.com/Ayr-Saline-Nasal-Soothing-Ounce/dp/B0010NSC1U/ref=sr_1_3?crid=13RLHNR64WBGI&keywords=ayr&qid=1645221188&sprefix=%2Caps%2C499&sr=8-3

Joe said...

Thanks, Marsha. I will give this a try,