Monday, August 29, 2022

Sick

I’ve spent most of the weekend in bed or laying on my couch. Sadly, it wasn’t with the guy in the picture above. Instead, I was in bed because I’ve had a terrible migraine and have been running a fever. My fever has gone down a few times, and my headache has abated for short periods. However, both always seem to come back worse. Mostly though, I have been miserable. If I’m not miraculously better when I wake up this morning, I’m going to try to get an appointment to see my doctor. I hate being sick, and I hate even more having a fever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being sick, with severe pain and on top of that with a fever is the most unfortunate state in which one can find oneself.
Being sick already makes you feel bad, but if you add severe pain and to top it off the fever with its shivering, its hot flashes, its nightmares... Oh my God!!! What are scientists waiting for to invent a pill that, in the situation described, can take a pill and, at least, fall asleep or lose consciousness until improvement knocks on the door?
Most scientists and researchers will surely be chatting with each other wondering nonsense about the Game of Thrones series or exchanging the recipe for some delicious donuts that their grandmother made... Aren't they ashamed? do the favor of getting down to work and invent something like what I have told you! And it tastes good!!!

Ángel

uvdp said...

Joe, when you are sick, unhappy, repeat the poem "Footsteps on the sand" : https://www.onlythebible.com/Poems/Footprints-in-the-Sand-Poem.html
I hope you feel better .