Saturday, October 22, 2022

Moment of Zen: Cooking

I was talking to a friend the other day, and we were talking about southern food, my blog, etc. I told him that if I were to post my true “Moments of Zen,” it would always be about cooking. All the Moment of Zen posts interest me, but what truly calms me more than anything and puts me in a Zen-like state, is cooking. Whether it’s a simple recipe that takes time, a quick and easy recipe, or a complex and time-consuming dish, cooking it what center’s menu and allows me to let the rest of the world go away for a bit. Now, if I could just find a man to cook for. As they say, “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” If a man would give me a chance, my cooking could have him hooked forever.

5 comments:

uvdp said...

Proverb: "we keep a man by the table and the bed"

JiEL said...

@ uvdp,

In French we say: "On prend un homme par l'estomac." (You take a man by his stomach.).

But when a teenage girl did ask that question to her mother, the mother aswered: " You take a man by the stomach BUT I can show you a short cut..."

JiEL said...

No.2 Is husband material for me....MMM!

And no.5 would be an appetiser to eat all over him and his buns are yummy.

Anonymous said...

It makes me sad to see him alone cooking!
I would be very close to HIM to encourage him and at the same time so that he doesn't catch a cold...

Ángel

joseph said...

le plaisir et la meilleur "chair" n'est pas dans l'assiette