Thursday, August 15, 2024

Waking Up

I’m awake this morning, but I don’t want to be. This is one day I wish Isabella would have let me sleep a bit longer. I went to bed a little early last night, but I wish I had gone to bed even earlier. I’ve been reading Stranger on the Shore by Josh Lanyon, and I just don’t want to put it down and go to sleep at night. I’ve actually read this book before, and obviously, I really enjoyed it the first time. It’s been a while since I’ve read it, so while I remember the outcome of the book, there are little details I had forgotten about. It’s a mystery, and I find it fun to rediscover the clues leading up to solving the mystery. When I read a mystery the first time, I enjoy trying to solve the mystery before it’s revealed in the book, but on a reread, I enjoy recognizing all the clues along the way.

Here’s your Isabella pic of the week:
She’s always watching. ๐Ÿ‘€

2 comments:

uvdp said...

Got it ! Isabella wakes you up in the morning so you can let her out (like a dog).

uvdp said...

Today, August 15, 2024, is the 80th anniversary of the Provence landings. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Dragoon . Disembarked: 250,000 French soldiers and 100,000 Americans. On the ground 140,000 resistance fighters.