Wednesday, October 16, 2024

It Wasn’t Just a Cold

Monday morning, I thought I just had a simple cold. When I’d taken a Covid test on Sunday, it had been negative. However, the longer I sat in my office on Monday, the worse I felt. The last time I’d felt this way, I’d had Covid, so when I got home, I took another test. It came back positive, though the control line was barely visible, so I took it again. It was very clear that it was positive. Therefore, I’m quarantined at home with Covid. I barely slept last night, but I’m not feeling quite as bad as I was. However, I’m still congested and I no longer have a sense of smell, which is an odd sensation considering I normally have an acute sense of smell. I can still taste things, but it’s like the flavors are muted. I saw the online doctor that is provided by my insurance hoping to get a prescription for Paxlovid, only I found out that Paxlovid interacts with Qulipta, my migraine medicine. So, I’m treating the cough and congestion with other medications, but I can’t take Paxlovid because the two medicines together cause liver damage, and I already have issues with my liver (not from alcohol consumption, by the way, because I rarely drink alcohol). Hopefully, I’ll continue to improve, and right now I’m going back to bed in hopes of getting more sleep.

5 comments:

uvdp said...

Get well soon! Watch out for Isabella: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_coronavirus .
I don't drink alcohol because of my gamma GT although I have always been sober https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-glutamyltransferase

Butch 57 said...

Hope you get thru it fast.

Bill said...

Seconding the hope you recover quickly.

naturgesetz said...

Take good care of yourself, and get well soon.

Rob T said...

I'm so sorry you have to deal with these medical issues, please rest and take the appropriate medicine to hopefully get you through this ASAP. I'm sure Isabella is happy you're home, but she knows you're not feeling well. Lack of smell has a lot of causes but hopefully that'll return over the next few days.