Thursday, March 10, 2022

Mattress Help


I learned a long time ago that my blog readers have a variety of experiences and there is always one (sometimes more) of you who will let me know your opinion. I love that about all of you. So, I want to ask a question and see what y’all have to say. I am looking for a new mattress. My current mattress, which I’ve had since I moved to Vermont, is uncomfortable. While I’m moving, I think it would be a good time to get a new one. Each morning when I wake up, my neck, shoulders, back, and hips hurt. It takes a while to work out all of the kinks and stiffness. (Just and FYI: I always sleep on my side.) With my CPAP, I sleep well, but I hate waking up in pain every day.

 

Here are my questions: 

  • What type of mattress would you suggest? I am considering buying a DreamCloud Premier mattress. 
  • Do any of you have any experience with a DreamCloud mattress? 
  • For pain and stiffness like I am describing, what type of mattress should I get? Something firm or plush or somewhere in between?
  • Is there another mattress you would suggest?

5 comments:

uvdp said...

1/ What type of mattress would you suggest? The memory foam mattress is not recommended for those who sweat and those who have back pain.
2/ Do any of you have any experience with a DreamCloud mattress? NO
3/ For pain and stiffness like I am describing, what type of mattress should I get? Rather firm
4/ Is there another mattress you would suggest? NO

martin said...

Two years after buying a new mattress that proved to be uncomfortable, I bought a 2 inch memory foam topper. I've slept confortably ever since. Perhaps that's an alternative to consider?

BosGuy said...

No clue, but I found this site when I did a quick search that may prove to be helpful.
https://www.mattressnerd.com/compare-mattresses/

Anonymous said...

Well, a lot of this is "your preferences", but I would never do one of the "pillow top" mattresses as they end to retain heat.

Anonymous said...

Look at getting some new pillows also. Tempur Pedic makes great pillows for back sleeper and side sleeper people

Jon from UGA