Friday, March 18, 2022

A Good Report


I went to see my doctor yesterday. It turned out to be a really good visit. My A1C has dropped to 5.2. I have been taking Metformin and Jardiance for my diabetes, however, because I seem to respond better to the Jardiance than I ever did to the Metformin, he dropped the Metformin. Also, I’d lost another five pounds since I saw him on February 14. We also talked about my anxiety triggers: work, family, and moving. I told him about how bad Tuesday’s panic attack was, and he prescribed me some Xanax for when I need it. At the maximum, he only wants me to take two a week. I’ve taken Xanax before because I used to have panic attacks when I flew, but as I have flown quite a bit since moving to Vermont in 2015, it doesn’t bother me as much. He told me that if the anxiety increases, he can increase my antidepressant, but hopefully, things will settle down once I move.

My weekend is going to be pretty busy. Besides packing over the weekend, tonight, I am going to see a production of Chicago my university is doing. Chicago is one of my favorite musicals, and I fondly remember going to see it on Broadway with Susan when I went down to NYC for Thanksgiving and my birthday in 2019. Tomorrow night, I have another date with the guy I saw last week. If all goes as planned, he’s going to cook me dinner. I can’t wait. Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve been on a second date with anyone? It’s never happened while I lived in Vermont. Sunday should be a day for laundry and packing.

6 comments:

BosGuy said...

Enjoy the show and the dinner / date.

uvdp said...

Idem BosGuy . Start telling him about Isabella

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend Joe!!!!!
Angel

Anonymous said...

We want details about how the date went. Is this someone you want to have as a lover of just a FWB.

Again glad that your A1C has dropped and you lost more weight. That should also help build your confidence with this new Guy.

KISSES

Jon from UGA

Joe said...

Jon, I’m not sure what kind of relationship this guy and I will have, if any. We rescheduled our Saturday date to Sunday because I had a migraine. However, I tried to get in touch with him Sunday to confirm things, and never heard from him. So, I don’t know what’s going on there.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Joe!!!
Your behavior is very inelegant

Angel