Monday, March 28, 2022

Procrastination


I can be the world’s worst procrastinator. Sometimes, that’s because of my migraines, but other times it can be just plain laziness. I know I have things that I need to do to get my apartment packed up, but I was too lazy this weekend to get much of it done. I did pack a few boxes, but mostly, I watched movies and television shows. I will start packing in earnest today. I just have to make myself do it and pack one room at a time until I get everything boxed up and ready for the movers. The movers will be here at 8 am on April 6. That should give me plenty of time to get all of the packing done.

5 comments:

uvdp said...

No, no, no Joe, the worst procrastinator is me...

Anonymous said...

Take a look at the Fogg behavior model re: procrastination.

It gives definition to the nebulous "I'm just not focused/strong willed/etc. enough."

JiEL said...

Moving has always been part of my life.
My dad was workng for Bell Canada and the firs time we moved I was 4yo. We moved 15 times between 1954 and 1974. The firs time we got to Quebec city in 1960, we were there only 6 months and some of the boxes were not even unpacked and we had to move again.

From 1975 to now, I myself as an adult as a teacher I moved 10 times from 1975 to 2007.
Now since 2007 I live in Montreal and it'll be a 15 years here without moving which is my all time record of living in the same place.

Be courageous as moving is part of a life time experiences as finding a lover and seperation and doing it again... and again... and again..

naturgesetz said...

I consider myself a world class procrastinator. Without a deadline, I do almost nothing, and I leave things to the last possible moment. But somehow I (almost) always realize when the time for procrastinating has run out and I actually need to do what needs to be done. It sounds as if you can do that as well.

uvdp said...

Naturegesetz, you don't come close to me on the procrastination side: if something falls on the ground, I leave it on the ground, I don't cash the checks until months later...