Monday, March 7, 2022

Packing


I’ll be moving into my new apartment in the first week of April, and I’m starting to pack up my current place. I’m going to go room by room. I started with the spare bedroom yesterday. I got most everything packed except for my clothes that are stored in there. I have way too many clothes anyway, and I need to get rid of what no longer fits, the larger clothes that I hope to never fit into again, and what I know I’ll never wear again. I need a smaller wardrobe. Most of the stuff I have, I no longer wear, and it needs to go. I’ll pack it up and take it to Goodwill or the Salvation Army for donation.

Once the spare bedroom is packed, I’ll probably move on to the living room and dining room. The dining room doesn’t have much in it. I’d planned to buy a table after I moved in, but I never got around to it. I was going to go with some friends and look at secondhand stores to see what was available, but now I’m going to wait until I move and see if I can find a small breakfast table that will fit nicely in the dining area of my new apartment. There will be a few things I’ll need for the new apartment, but it shouldn’t be too bad.

I have today and tomorrow off, so I’ll continue to pack and get prepared to move.

6 comments:

Susan said...

The moving process is the low-end of having found your dream apt. Hopefully, you'll get the movers pictured when it's time to go! Take care. <3

GF said...

If you had those movers you would never get anything done.
The only thing moving would be your butt.

VRCooper said...

Tip about your clothes---Saw a Tick/Tock the other day about this---When you hang your clothes hang them all the same way...My anal nature says to hang them with the hook going towards the back of the closet....When you wear something hang it back up in the opposite direction...If after a year still have clothes hanging the original way then get rid of them...Easey as a piece of a peach cobbler...I love the room-by-room method....One has a sense of accomplishment...Oh yes, don't hire those movers in the picture...This is business...We can play later...

Blobby said...

no Salvation Army. They support the wrong things - and they don't like us for being gay. Personally, I find organizations who GIVE the clothes to the needy, not make them buy them. But that's me.

Joe said...

Blobby, you’re absolutely right. I’d never donate to the Salvation Army. I don’t even feel guilt anymore passing those red kettles at Christmas. I was just trying to think of donation places and the Salvation Army came to kind and I wrote it without thinking. If I can find somewhere around here that will take clothe donations, I’ll give it to them.

Anonymous said...

I hope you will share photos of the movers!
Angel