Thursday, December 29, 2022

Homeward Bound 🤞

My flight out of Montgomery is supposed to leave around 2:30. If all goes well, I should land in Burlington by 11 pm, which means I probably won’t get home until well after midnight. I have no doubt that I will be exhausted by the time I get home, but I will ge glad to get to see Isabella in the flesh. I have a camera set up so I can check in on her, but she doesn’t know that. I don’t try to speak to her through the camera, even though I could. The last time I tried that, it upset her and me because I could hear her crying trying to find me. 

I’m ready to be out of Alabama and back in Vermont. This trip, more than any before has cemented in me that Vermont is home. Alabama no longer is, and I am perfectly fine with that. I’m just ready to be home.

8 comments:

BosGuy said...

Safe travels back. I hope you're not flying Southwest Airlines which seems to still be struggling with getting people where they need to go.

Dan1957 said...

Safe trip. Sounds like it was a good visit. Like bosGuy I hopes it’s not in southwest.

Joe said...

BosGuy, I’m flying American. So far, they tell me that my flights will be on time. Hopefully, that will continue. I have a 3+ hour layover in Charlotte, NC, so even if my flight out of Montgomery is late, I should still be good.

Joe said...

Thanks, Dan1957. It was mostly a good trip, but I’m so ready to be back home.

naturgesetz said...

Now that Vermont is oficially home, all you need to do to become a Yankee is eat pie for breakfast. (Based on the punch line of a joke I think I'vetold you.)

uvdp said...

Welcome home, kiss Isabella on my part

JimNS said...

So glad you're back home. Looks like the whole gang of regulars is here to say we're glad your visit helped you take another giant step for freedom. "Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty you're free at last."

Anonymous said...

Congrats on surviving your family trip to Alabama. As you say VT is your home now so enjoy it

Jon from UGA

GO DAWGS