Friday, January 20, 2023

Headache Clinic

I have an appointment this morning at the Headache Clinic. It has snowed all night, but it’s not too bad, so as long as I drive carefully, it shouldn’t be a problem getting down there. The snow has mostly stopped for now and won’t start back up until later this morning. The snow that is still to come is supposed be fairly light. According to the weather report I saw this morning, the roads are pretty clear and that was confirmed by checking out the Vermont Transportation Authority’s road cameras.

I need to go to this appointment or else I would probably reschedule. I need to talk to my neurologist about the issue I’m having with my headaches when there are weather/air pressure changes. Most of the time, the headaches come as the weather is changing before any precipitation, but as soon as the precipitation starts the headache usually eases. Hopefully, she can offer some advice or a solution.

6 comments:

Capricornus said...

Four-wheel drive cars for ever :-)
Apart from this, tell us about your appointment at the Clinic.

Joe said...

My appointment went really well. First of all, I was able to drive down there and back in lull in the weather, so it was not much of an issue since the roads had mostly been plowed. Second, things are going relatively well with my treatment plan. A colleague had suggested to me Vitamin B2 which had helped her migraines. I talked to my neurologist about it, and she said that with a combination of Vitamin B2 (400 mg) and Magnesium Oxide (500 mg) has proven effective for some people. She said it wouldn't hurt to try. Some of her patients say it works great, others say the B2 only makes their pee bright yellow and the magnesium upsets their stomach. Since the CGRP drugs often cause constipation (sorry if that's TMI), the magnesium can counteract that and make a person more regular. I'm giving it a try. I'll update everyone on how that is going in the next week or two. I'm most interested to see if it helps with the weather changes which seem to be my main trigger at this point.

Capricornus said...

Good for you :-)

naturgesetz said...

I hope it helps.

Anonymous said...

I would suggest the Mag Ox & B2 also since it helped me with my migraines. Ask your GP to run blood wok to find out if you are lacking B Series in your blood.

Hope you get relief from the pain

Jon From UGA Land

Go Dawgs

Anonymous said...

Reading the Bible helps. But it’s best to read it every hour of the day. Jesus is there for you, Joe.