Friday, June 2, 2023

Having A Good Day

“I have learned over the years that the nicest thing I can do is to just say to myself, “Good Morning Darling, I love you; we're going to have a really great day today.”

― Louise Hay

 

 “It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined.”

― Henry James

 

“I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes, you have an opportunity to change that.”

― Gillian Anderson

 

I am so glad that it's finally Friday. Even though this was a short week because of the Monday holiday, it felt like a long week. Yesterday, I kept thinking it was Wednesday, not Thursday, and the day before Tuesday, not Wednesday. So, I did not write a quote post yesterday. I'm going to make up for it today with three quotes.


While I have never followed Louis Hay's advice above, I'm going to try to do that each morning. Thinking positively doesn't always work because of brain chemistry or bad things that happen during the day. However, I think we should at least start out with a positive thought for the day. I love the quote by Henry James because it reinforces the idea of the power of positive thinking. If we do our best to live the life we imagine for ourselves, then we might just achieve it.


I just have the feeling today is going to be a good day. At least, that is my hope. I'm working from home today, as I do on most Fridays, and that makes for a good start to the day. I'm also excited about next week. Monday through Wednesday are probably not going to be great days. I will be working in the office, but on Thursday, I leave for my weekend retreat. I had originally planned to leave on Friday, but there was an option to add an extra day, so I did. I'm sure I will be nervous. I've never spent that much time with just gay men, but I'm looking forward to it. I've always been awkward around men, but I'm going to try to change that.


So, to quote Gillian Anderson, “I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes, you have an opportunity to change that.”


Mwah! 😘 Kisses 'til Sunday. (Don't worry, my usual Moment of Zen will still be posted tomorrow along with the usual Pics of the Day.)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Dear Joe, I needed your words today more than I can say. Thank you so very much! Hope your retreat is everything you want it to be. <3