Wednesday, August 30, 2023

So It Begins…

First, you’ll never see students on my campus dressed this way. Maybe if they are on the swim or dive team, but they they wouldn’t be out on campus like this. Rarely do I ever see guys without their shirts. It’s probably the only thing I miss about campuses in the South. 

Anyway, my first class seemed to go well yesterday, and I think I have a good group of students. It’s a small class, but once I get them all more comfortable in the class, I think we’ll get some good discussions going. I have my second class tomorrow, and then I’ll be teaching various classes nearly all day every day for the next two weeks. As I said the other day, it will slow down some after September, but it’s a marathon over the next month. After that, it will be a series of sprints for the rest of the semester. At least I get a three day weekend to rest before the “marathon” begins.

2 comments:

naturgesetz said...

IIRC it was Bennington College which allowed students to be naked whenever and wherever they wanted Then a spoilsport president arrived who put an end to it. https://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/article/vermont-college-students-fight-to-bare-all-1961950.php Turns out it was the Dean of Students, not the President.

Joe said...

As far as I know, naturgesetz, Goddard College in Vermont still allow students to be naked, although the college no longer has students on campus full time, so it is doubtful it ever happens. Technically, in Vermont (unless town ordinances say otherwise), it is legal to be naked anywhere in the state as long as you leave your home naked. If you disrobe in public, it is considered a lewd act and indecent exposure.