Monday, June 13, 2022

A Good Weekend

For the most part, it was a good weekend. I still had a migraine on Saturday, but it wasn’t a bad one. I mostly just rested on Saturday and watched some TV. After a lazy Saturday, my Sunday morning was much more productive.

Isabella let me sleep until 5:30, and once I woke up, I fed her before taking a shower and getting dressed. I had breakfast at the local college, who has opened up their cafeteria to the public during the summer to serve breakfast. It was a wonderful breakfast of French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, tea, and OJ. It was absolutely delicious.

After that, I went to the grocery store and had to get gas afterwards. I think like everybody, the price of gas is killing me. When I got home, I put up my groceries, put on a load of laundry (I ended up doing two loads), loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen counters, took out the trash, and made lunch. That was enough for one day. 😂 

It’s a good thing that I had no other plans. About mid afternoon, I developed a bad migraine that stuck with me for the rest of the day. 

3 comments:

BosGuy said...

Sorry to read about the migraine. The weather in Boston this weekend was wonderful and I hope it was the same up in VT.

JiEL said...

Happy for your nice weekend but up here in Canada we are fed up with you, Americans, whinning about gas price. If you compare, we are paying now $2,20 per litre which roughly would be $8,80/gal. Even if are procucing our own Canadian gas. Trudeau or Biden has nothing to do with the gas price.

We have many Canadians living near the US border who are going to USA to fill up their car gas tank.

uvdp said...

Don't complain: it's even more expensive in France : https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/ .
But, if we don't have oil, we have ideas: walking, scooter ( trottinette ) , bike, carpooling...