Friday, June 3, 2022

Montpelier Pride

Today marks the beginning of Montpelier Pride Fest here in central Vermont. Since I moved to Vermont in 2015, Vermont Pride celebrations have usually been held in Burlington in September. That’s when the “big” parade is. Beginning last year, several towns had pride celebrations of their own, but in June. I believe Bennington and Rutland had pride festivities last year in June, and Montpelier had one in October. This year, Montpelier (and Central Vermont) are getting into the spirit during the traditional pride month in June. There will be festivities this weekend and next in Montpelier, Plainfield, and Barre.

I actually don’t plan to attend a lot of the pride festivities this year, but tonight I am going to see a play called Shakesqueer. From the description, which they just put up this week, it is a lesbian retelling of Romeo and Juliet set in Verona – “an apocalyptic late-stage capitalistic hellscape.” It’s Vermont, so the odds of it being a bit weird are high. Montpelier Pride Fest has a high probability of being an odd celebration. They don’t call Montpelier Mont-Peculiar for nothing.

Anyway, a friend of mine is coming with me. We’ll go out to dinner and then see the show. She thinks the description sounds fantastic. I’m remaining skeptical. We’ll see.

4 comments:

BosGuy said...

Have fun, and I hope the show is entertaining.

BosGuy said...

How was the show?

Joe said...

BosGuy, the show was interesting. Basically, it was an all lesbian, apocalyptic version of Romeo and Juliet. There were some good parts, but it went on and on for what seems like forever with some of the added parts. At least it was entertaining. The musicians accompanying the play were fantastic.

Anonymous said...

But is NOBODY going to comment on this wonderful photo of a bathtub full of guys showing off their lovely, beautiful buttocks?
What I would give to be able to be caressing those five asses, or what is the same: those ten buttocks! I would be capable of many things to be allowed to caress each and every one of those appetizing buttocks and dedicate the necessary time to each one of them so that they don't forget the touch of my hand or my fingerprints.
As a finale to each and every one of those precious buttocks I would pay them with one of my affectionate kisses.

Ángel