Thursday, June 2, 2022

Mental Health Day

Sometimes, you just need a mental health break. A day to rest and recharge. So, that’s what I did yesterday. I took a mental health day. Technically, I took a sick day for a migraine, which was true. I had a migraine all day yesterday, but I also just need a day to myself with nothing to do. I went to my happy place, i.e., I lay on the couch and watched Star Trek all day. Normally, that means watching Deep Space Nine, but I decided instead to watch Discovery. I know a lot of Star Trek fans don’t like Discovery, and I usually watch episodes only once when it is released on Paramount+, but I decided to rewatch the last two seasons. I should have started from the beginning or at least watched season two, but I decided to start with after they traveled to the future.

I also watched Obi Wan Kenobi on Disney+. It’s a pretty good show. Actually, I think all three of the Star Wars series, The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and now Obi Wan Kenobi, have all been very entertaining. I am not as big of a Star Wars geek as I am a Trekkie, but I’ve always enjoyed the original trilogy. The Han Solo movie was also pretty good. However, while Star Wars is just a story of good vs. evil, Star Trek is about hope for the future. That’s why I like to watch Star Trek when I just need to zone out, because even though it’s science fiction, I still find it very hopeful. I doubt we will make first contact by 2063, and I hope we don’t have WWIII before then either, but I find the ideals of the United Federation of Planets inspirational. Someday, maybe all of humanity really will believe in equality and forgo greed and hatred.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much complaining lately. Getting tired of it.

uvdp said...

On the one hand, complaining is a relief; on the other hand, suffering is participating in the Passion of Christ ( cf : Col 1,24 ) .

naturgesetz said...

As we know, Jesus not only teaches us to forgo greed and hatred: on the cross he shows us how to do it. May his grace lead us all to follow his example.

Anonymous said...

Here is an article about this subject

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/psychology-of-burnout-the-vital-lesson-i-learned-after-one-seriously-lazy-weekend?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Complain all you want. It's a form of relief and most of your blog readers don't mind

Jon from UGA

Anonymous said...

After so many opinions and philosophies about complaining or not complaining... It is that no one has noticed this beautiful man lying on that bed in which he shows us, for our enjoyment and happiness, that pair of wonderful buttocks full of beauty and eager to be caressed????
Is no one going to talk about those beautiful buttocks soft and beautiful? Nor will anyone congratulate the owner of those beautiful buttocks for all the work he has done to show us this marvel full of aesthetics and art?
I ADORE those buttocks!!!! If I could I would give a big kiss to each buttock and finally another big kiss to their owner for this show of love towards others by offering us such a beautiful and inspiring image!

Ángel

Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought you might spend the day jacking off