Friday, June 10, 2022

Rainy Days

I love the rain, and one of the few things I miss about the South are the great big thunderstorms. Don’t bet me wrong, I do not miss the hurricanes and tornadoes, but I miss a good thunderstorm. It rarely rains very hard in Vermont, and when it does, it’s rare that I hear thunder r see lightning. As much as I love the rain, I have grown to dread it over the past year or so since I’ve had this problem with my trigeminal nerve. Weather changes, especially rain wreak havoc on my migraines. Yesterday was a rainy day in Vermont, and I woke with a headache. I went to work, but as the morning dragged on, my headache just got worse. So, I headed home. I told my student shadow not to come since I would not be there. I had several things I needed to do yesterday, but none of them were going to get done because of my headache. Also, the longer I was at the museum, the worse my headache became.

I went home and went to bed. The new blinds kept the light out nicely. Eventually, I got up and made a simple dinner. I stayed up to watch the first of the televised January 6th hearings. Did anyone else watch it? If so, what did you think? Watching the hearing did not help my headache, so I went to bed as soon as it ended. If I wake up this morning still with a headache, I won’t be going into work. We’ll see.

6 comments:

BosGuy said...

I watched the hearings more by accident than design and couldn't stop watching them. It was very carefully scripted for certain, but it was also very effective. I thought it was suprising how aggressively Rep Cheney was when speaking of the former President and some of her Republican colleagues. The video and in-person testimonials were riveting - esp the documentarian's footage of Jan 6, which I found hard to watch at times.

uvdp said...

The hearings have reached France . After the rain, the rainbow, how beautiful.

VRCooper said...

Glad the blinds are up----My condo is on the fifth floor and no one can see in without a crane...I love light....Very few window coverings...

Saw the hearings on Thursday...I loved the narrative...We have been hearing so much about January 6th...A little/a lot here and there....I like the process of laying out the timeline...Just putting everything into context....Garland has to take some type of punitive action...President/former president or not...Don't forget that E. Chaney voted for Trump and agreed with his policies 95% plus of the time....The same with A. Kinzinger....But they are doing the right thing...Party be damned...Keep in mind too this is not about politics...Left or right....It's about our democracy...It still puzzles me, rhetorical, that folks have hitched their wagon, reputation, and integrity to Trump...I just don't get it...

Side note-I am not much of a tattoo person BUT Michael Fanone is sex on a stick...There is just something sexy about him...He may come across as a hyper machismo type which I am not a fan of...

Have a great weekend!!

Victor

naturgesetz said...

I watched the hearing. I though it was kind of disjointed.

Just two days ago, a friend claimed that the mob in the Capitol was permitted to be there. The documentary footage proves the opposite. The friend also believes the election was stolen, and the evidence presented shows that it was not. The problem is that almost everybody who beliieves as my friend does will not watch the hearings.

I hope you were well enough to go to the museum today.

Thunderstorms are fun except when they knock out the electricity.

uvdp said...

By the way , what does Isabella think about rain , lightning and thunder ?

Joe said...

Isabella doesn’t pay much attention to to the rain, uvdp. She usually just curls up and sleeps somewhere. Unless the thunder is particularly loud, she doesn’t seem to notice it much, but if it’s loud it does scare her and she jumps, but then she just goes back to sleep. Ah, the life of a cat. πŸ˜‚