Friday, January 19, 2024

Brrrrr 🥶

As my weatherman said this morning, we are entering the freezer. It’s going to be cold. Our low temperatures for the next four days are: 3° F, -1° F,  0° F, 0° F. We won’t get out of the teens this weekend, but we will rise to 30° F on Monday. I don’t mind the cold weather as long as there isn’t much wind. However, we are expecting mild winds over the next few days that will lower what the temperatures actually feels like, so those lows will feel more like -6° F, -11° F (the high tomorrow which is 10° F but will feel like -1° F), -8° F, -6° F. I don’t mind the cold as long as I don’t have to be out in it for long. I’d rather live in a climate where the temperature are below freezing than to live in a climate with over 100° F with feel like temperatures well above that. Where I grew up in the South, it was humidity that we dreaded, not the wind. Down there, the wind provided some relief.

I’m just glad that I don’t have to go anywhere until Monday. I can stay warm and cuddle up with Isabella, who will alway find somewhere warm to be. Have a great weekend, everyone! Hopefully, you can stay warm and cozy.

5 comments:

uvdp said...

We talked on French TV about the exceptional cold in the USA.
In Paris it has been freezing for a week, and it snowed (2 cm) . But from Sunday we will have 10°C ( 50°F ) .
Pay attention

JiEL said...

I agree with you as I prefer cold weather than damp hot summer when we have to remain in with air conditioning. Going out naked isn't something doable but in winter, going our well dressed with good warm coat, gloves and tuque is a good thing for your health.

To me the best seasons are Spring and Autumn when it's not too hot or too cold temperatures.

As here in Canada and north of USA, we have to accept that we live in NORTH America with its plus and minus.

joseph said...

pas très froid mais 20 à 25 cm de neige ce jeudi, alors pas de bus et déblayage trottoirs , brrrr

RB said...

I don't suppose you have a fireplace in your apartment? That would be a great way to spend the weekend -- right in front of the warm fireplace.

Joe said...

Sadly, RB, I don’t. I wish I had a fireplace. I love being cozy in front of a fire.