Monday, January 22, 2024

Monday Morning

Some days, it's just hard to get up and get going. Unlike the comic strip cat Garfield, I don't exactly hate Mondays. Some Mondays aren't so bad, but on this Monday, I just want to go back to bed. I don't have a long list of things I need to do at work today; in fact, the list is pretty short. I'll spend most of the day doing research to prepare for a couple of classes I'll be teaching in the coming weeks. One of the things I love about preparing for a class is that I can get totally immersed in preparations and time goes by fairly quickly. If it wasn't for the fact that my glucose levels tend to fall really low if I don't eat causing me to feel awful, I'd probably forget to eat lunch. It has happened before. It still doesn't mean that I want to be awake and going to work this Monday morning, but as Gloria Gaynor sang, "I Will Survive."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

¡OH DIOS MÍO ES APOLO!
No me extraña que te cueste trabajo levantarte de la cama si tu compañero es el hombre de la foto... Yo no me levantaría nunca, me abrazaría a este Apolo y no habría forma de despegarnos...

Ángel