Friday, March 1, 2024

5 Days

I’m working from home today, and I do have some work I actually need to do. But, I don’t have to go in to work for the next five days. Like I said, I’m working from home today, Saturday and Sunday are the weekend, Monday we are off because the college is on spring break (students and faculty get a whole week; staff gets one day), then, on Tuesday, I have a doctor appointment at the headache clinic at Dartmouth. Other than going down to Dartmouth, I don’t actually have to go anywhere for several days. I can relax at home, laze on the couch and read, take a nap, or watch tv. I have no definitive plans until Tuesday. I need to do some straightening up around my apartment and some usual household chores, and I may go to the grocery store, but mostly, I have nothing planned for the next several days. I am looking forward to it.

8 comments:

joseph said...

deux semaines de vacances de Carnaval en Belgique vu les nouveaux rythmes scolaires imposés par la ministre en charge de l'Education communautarisée , car si notre devise est l'Union fait la Force, les compétences sont régionales et communautaires pas fédérales* (*à la tête de l'UE de janvier à juin) pas simple !

RB said...

Maybe you can do some cooking over these days off?

Joe said...

RB, I plan to do some cooking. I’ve been making soups, stews, and chilis lately to put in the freezer for later. I’m also planning to make chicken piccata one night. I might also make some sausage biscuits and gravy for breakfast one day while I’m off.

Anonymous said...

José descansa y relajate con actividades que realmente te relajen. Mima un poco a Isabel o recuestate en el sofa en compañía de ese hermoso hombre que aparece en la foto... Yo lo haría sin pensarlo mucho.


Ángel

Anonymous said...

There are studies indicating that headaches could be related to masturbation. I assume you do this. Do the headaches come in close time proximity to this activity?

Joe said...

Anonymous, as much research as I’ve read about migraines, I have never heard that masturbation is a contributing factor. In fact, masturbation, and subsequently orgasm, release certain chemicals in the body that actually help with migraines.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I didn't hear about this release of chemicals. So what does that mean? If you masturbate more, thereby releasing more of these helpful chemicals, that might solve your migraine problem?

Joe said...

Anonymous, masturbation causes your body to release a number of hormones. These hormones include:

Dopamine: This is one of the “happiness hormones” that’s related to your brain’s reward system.
Endorphins: The body’s natural pain reliever, endorphins also have de-stressing and mood-boosting effects.
Oxytocin: This hormone is often called the love hormone and is associated with social bonding.
Testosterone: This hormone is released during sex to improve stamina and arousal. It’s also released when you have sexual fantasies, according to one study.

Masturbating can cause you to release healthy amounts of the above hormones, which is why it can positively affect your mood and physical health. Anxiety, stress, and pain can all be affected by these hormones. I’m not sure masturbation has any affect on headaches, good or bad, but I know when I have a migraine, I usually don’t want to engage in any sexual activities, including masturbation.