Monday, December 11, 2023

Dreams 😴💭

Dreams can  be such strange things. I often don’t remember mine, but last night, I had an interesting one. I dreamed about a guy I used to know in high school named Brandon. I can’t even remember his last name. The strange part is that I haven’t even thought about him in years. We were in the same class but never particularly close nor do I ever remember finding him attractive. He also wasn’t gay as far as I knew, but I also don’t remember him dating any girls in high school either. He wasn’t ugly and was “masculine” for a teenager (I’m pretty sure he’d been on the football team), but honestly, he just wasn’t that memorable (although, apparently he was in my subconscious?). I remember in the dream though that he had a kind of quirky smile, almost a smirk. He was a bit of a joker and class clown. That’s all I really remember about the guy.


Anyway, in the dream, I was planning a date with him. I was going to make him an Italian dinner. I asked him if he liked chicken piccata, and he said he didn’t know. He’d never had it. I explained what it is, and he was intrigued but said the only Italian chicken dish he’d ever had was chicken parmesan. So, I said, “In that case, I’ll make you a sampler of three different Italian chicken dishes: chicken parmesan, chicken piccata, and pollo al vino.” Normally, with all three of these dishes, I’d have usually preferred to make them with veal not chicken, so I’m not sure why chicken it was chicken in the dream. I also told him that I’d make risotto because I suspected he’d had pasta before but never risotto which I explained is a rice dish.


Then, I woke up before I could plan a salad, vegetables, or a dessert to round out the meal.  It was around 2 am when I woke from this dream. I thought, this would make a good blog post, but if I waited until I woke in the morning, I’d have forgotten it. Plus, I needed to pee, so I got up with my phone and typed this out and check the progress of our snowfall before going back to sleep. 


I wanted to check the snow because it had not started snowing when I went to bed last night. The rain we had all day yesterday was predicted to turn to snow sometimes after midnight. We were forecasted to get between 5-10 inches of snow overnight. The original forecast a day or so ago had said 9.45 inches but when I’d looked just before I went to bed, it said 5.15 inches. I checked as  I was writing this, and the current prediction is 4.95 inches. I’m always intrigued by how specific (not necessarily accurate) the snowfall was in this weather app. Anyway, when I looked out, it was less than an inch of snow.


Then, I went back to sleep wondering how the meal would have actually gone, and what would have happened after the meal. 

7 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Too bad you don't remember his last name. It would be interesting if you could track him down and invite him to dinner if he's single.

Joe said...

I remembered his last name and all I could find was his LinkedIn profile. No pictures and no information other than where he works. Dinner is not an option since he lives 1200 miles away.

VRCooper said...

Oh honey, I love a good internet search.

I went down memory lane yesterday and checked the status of my one and only boyfriend/partner. It was the 1990. And we were done less than 4 years later. I met this man about a month or so before I left the AF. He was an officer and I was enlisted. I was shopping in the base commissary. He broke his lunch date with his wife to have lunch with me. Cut to the chase. He settled down in NC and had a beautiful house. He was always a plant/yard man. He recently sold his home for 4 times what he paid for. He now lives in a luxury apartment about 5 miles from his old home. I hope he is in good health. The real estate pictures were to die for. I spotted his touches. He always loved art and different types of pottery/ceramics. Did I mention he is 10 years older than me? So the man is in his mid-to-late 70s. I wonder what happened to his partner. Did he move in with him? His address is still their old address. The man treated me right. He was sweet and a little anal. I always wish him the best. What's so funny is when I broke up with him folks were happy. They thought he was not right for me. We have to have lunch to round out the story. I say all of this to say I went down a rabbit hole yesterday. I love a good internet search.

I would have had your man's current address, phone number, how he voted, pictures of his house, and any photos of the inside before he bought... Like I said I love a good internet search. I should have been a librarian.

RB said...

No actual relationship with this guy? Several friends had secret relationships with guys in high school. My bf being one of them. It was a sexual relationship of mainly mutual hand jobs. His "friend" is now married with two kids. My bf is still connected with this guy through social media, and he sometimes ponders asking him to lunch. He hasn't done it.

How long since high school for you? Nearly 30 years? It might be interesting to know if your "crush" turned out to be gay.

Joe said...

RB, it's been nearly 30 years. My crush all those years ago is happily married with three children. I don't know about the guy I dreamed about. I still have no understanding of why I dreamed about this one particular guy. I didn't even much like him when we were in school. I didn't dislike him, it was mostly just neutral.

Stan said...

It's always interesting to find out what's rolling around in our sub-conscious. Like you Joe, I don't remember most of my dreams. The ones I do remember seem so random I can't make sense of them. They're interesting though. At least I seldom have bad dreams or nightmares.

Joe said...

Stan, the nightmares used to be the only thing I could remember, but thankfully, I usually don't remember them anymore either.