Friday, December 1, 2023

TGIF

I woke up early as usual this morning, but I took today off. I usually take a vacation day on my birthday,  but because I had to teach, I had to go into the museum yesterday. With that in mind, I decided to take a vacation day today. I rarely take vacation days, but I’m trying to do better so I don’t have weeks of time near the end of the fiscal year that I have to take or lose. Anyway, I plan to largely relax today, and I’ll likely go back to bed in a bit. I need more sleep, but I got up early to feed Isabella and make my own breakfast since I was also hungry.

Tonight, I have plans to go to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants with a close friend. For my birthday last night I celebrated with a prosciutto pizza from my favorite local pizza place, but my real celebratory birthday dinner will be tonight. I may even splurge and get dessert. 

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend ahead.

2 comments:

RB said...

Get the dessert. You only live once!

JimNS said...

Belated happy birthday. Joe. Saw your pic of Joe's in the Village.Love the village but haven't been a few years. Never went to Joe's but loved Food a great restaurant on 8th Ave
.Sadly it's no longer there. Alot of the gsy community moved to Chelsea or Queens. Still a great place but not like it was. Hope you've enjoyed your day off.😗
Jim