Thursday, December 28, 2023

It’s Nice

It’s nice having some time off with nothing that I have to do unless I want to do something. I can lounge at home with Isabella and read a book or watch television. I’ve been content to do as little as possible. The only place I’ve gone all week was a quick trip to the grocery store. I’m not sure I’ll leave my apartment or do anything today. I just want to be lazy, and it’s nice when we get the opportunity to be lazy when we really need it. I know I needed some time to recharge in preparation for the new year.

3 comments:

RB said...

It sounds like this job is pretty easy and low stress for you? On vacation this week or just an easy week? This type of job really can be a good thing as long as it pays decently.

Joe said...

RB, since my museum is at a university, the university is closed until after New Year’s. Then, I’m taking two extra days off. The best perk of working at a university is the paid holiday period between Christmas and New Year’s. For the most part, it is low stress, and the pay is decent, though I wish it was more.

Capricornus said...

"I just want to be lazy, and it’s nice when we get the opportunity to be lazy when we really need it." Amen to that!