Monday, December 18, 2023

If It’s Not One Thing…

...it's another. Why can't things just go smoothly? Last night, I noticed that my refrigerator and freezer had quit cooling, instead it's blowing warm air. Ugh! Several things spoiled and left a bad odor. I called my maintenance person this morning and left a message, but I am still waiting to hear back from him. I hope it can either be fixed simply and quickly or that I can get a replacement. 

I am hosting a Christmas lunch on Christmas Day, which is only a week away. I have the menu all planned:
How am I going to get this meal prepared without a refrigerator? I'm looking forward to having friends over for Christmas and getting to cook. I love cooking, and it will be nice to host my own little Christmas party since I am not going anywhere for Christmas this year.

If it's not one thing, it's another. *🤞fingers crossed 🤞* Nothing else will go wrong. (Famous last words...I know.)

9 comments:

uvdp said...

No cheese?
“A meal without cheese is like a day without sunshine!” old French saying.

Joe said...

I will probably have a cheeseball as an appetizer, uvdp. So, there will be cheese.

Anonymous said...

Hope he gets the fridge running fast. Sounds like the defrost timer quit. But be more

Joe said...

My maintenance guy's key wouldn't work, so I came home. He said I could unplug the fridge for 15 or so minutes and sometimes it will reset itself. I hope that works.

uvdp said...

I hope this worked.
Cheese as a starter? In France, as an “outing”: cheese, fruit, dessert.

RB said...

Since you live in a cold area, could you put a cooler of food outside? As long as it's closed up tightly so the animals can't get at it?

It would be a shame if this wrecks your Christmas lunch plans.

naturgesetz said...

I'm sure you've begun to scout delivery options for a new fridge — how soon you'll need to place an order to get the thing when you need it — in case your current one can't be fixed in time.
Good lick.

Joe said...

I have not been scouting delivery options because I won’t be the one replacing the refrigerator. It came with the apartment, and they’ll replace it. Hopefully, they’ll do it quickly. I will let them know it’s urgently needed.

Joe said...

RB, we have too many wild animals. If I have to, I could put everything on ice in a cooler.