Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thursday’s Inspiration

Thursday seems to be the day of the week that I struggle with the most to come up with a something to write about. Maybe it’s because it’s almost, but not quite, the end of the week. It’s on Thursdays that we need the motivation to make it until the weekend. In the Lorrie Morgan song “Except for Monday,” she talks about what each day of the week feels like for her:

Except for Monday, which was never good anyway
Tuesday, I get a little sideways
Wednesday, I feel better, just for spite
Thursday and Friday take too long
Before I know it, Saturday's gone
But it's Sunday now and you can bet that I'm alright

Thursday and Friday take too long” sums up a Thursday just about right. So, to help inspire us to get through Thursdays, I’m going to start posting an inspirational quote. Today’s quote will be from A.A. Milne:
“You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

4 comments:

BosGuy said...

The weekend is ALMOST here.

Jeff said...

Love the quote!!

JimNS said...

Hi, Joe. I didn't get to read your past few posts until today so just noticed your conversation with Victor about your job. It really is terrible that you're treated so poorly. I'm just wondering if you're "out" at work and if that has any possible bearing on them not liking you. Although the world is better at accepting "the gays" then in the 50's there is still a lot of bigotry. I know there are people I work with who don't like me. Fortunately I don" t give a "F" as happily I like them even less. "Illegitimi non carborundem"
My latin's a bit rusty but you get my point. How horrible people can be. You, however, can be sure you have many friends here.
Peace,
Jim

Joe said...

Jim, my sexuality may be a part of it for one of the people, though I don’t think so, and I know it’s not for the me who’s causing the most problems. I am completely out at work, and my boss is very much an LGBTQ+ ally. If he ever got the slightest idea that my sexuality was an issue for either of them, there’s job would literally be in jeopardy. He has zero tolerance for homophobia and our VP of DEI, who I know well and work on several committees with, is the same way. So, I am certain one who’s causing the most issues has a problem with their own insecurities and that I am very good at my job. The other one has never particularly liked me because of a misunderstanding at work years ago that this person got embarrassed about and blames me for.