Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Hump Day


The week is half over and it’s now November. I was just watching the weather on the local news, and they were discussing what a warm October we’ve had. In Vermont, October was nearly 5 degrees warmer for the average than normal. We also received more rain than normal. Yesterday, we got our first frost, the second latest frost in history. Currently, it’s 24 degrees with a high today of only 38. To quote Game of Thrones, “Winter is coming!”

With the beginning of November, we are less than two months away from Christmas, and that means, it’s less than two months away from me possibly having to go back to Alabama. I’m not looking forward to it. It was not a pleasant experience last year, and if I do go, which I probably will, I won’t be staying a whole week.

I do have something more exciting coming up next week. Since I moved to Vermont eight years ago, I have been to every New England state except one: Maine. Next week, I’ll be attending a conference in Portland, Maine. I’ll have some time to do some sightseeing, so if anyone has any suggestions for things to see in Portland, let me know. The conference itself will probably not be fun or exciting, but hopefully, being in Portland can be while I have the time to explore.

So, this has been a super random post, but I’m feeling a little random today. Have a wonderful “hump day.” Maybe some of us will do some humping today. 😈

4 comments:

RB said...

Portland is nice, but go down the Maine seacoast! Checkout Kennebunkport and Ogunquit (very gay).

VRCooper said...

Simple question---

Going to Alabama for the holidays---

Why go---

Simple question---

It does not work for you---Puts you through the ringer---Makes you feel less than---...

Either change it or don't go---

You are not 16 anymore---

I have learned that just because they are family does not obligate you to go---

They are PEOPLE---

The relationship works both ways---

They don't hold special special privileges because of their title---

Much warmth-Uncle Victor

Joe said...

Victor, I know you are right. The only thing is that my niece asked me if I was coming home because she's interested in going to undergrad at my grad institution and would like me to take her down there for a tour. We'll see.

VRCooper said...

Simply put---

Wish your sister well and explain the situation---

I don't know if this manipulation only you can know that---

Your happiness and moving forward in life is paramount---