Saturday, July 22, 2023

Moment of Zen: Ice Cold Coca-Cola

While I know they are bad for you and I only drink them on rare occasions, there are certain hot, sweaty, sunny days when there are few things more refreshing than and ice cold Coca-Cola. Some people would say a cold beer, or, horror of horrors, a Pepsi, but there are times when I just want a carbonated beverage, and a Coca-Cola is often my go to drink. Hard cider is also a good option if I want something alcoholic and bubbly. The only other two options in my opinion are a limonata or a Clearly Canadian, either cherry or peach. Regardless, sometimes nothing quenches my thirst like a carbonated beverage.
What do you consider the most refreshing drink (other than water)?


FYI: The model above is Giorgio Ramondetta, if anyone is wondering. Thank you Carl for reminding me of his name.

14 comments:

uvdp said...

Lemon juice with water

Anonymous said...

I go for cider.

Jeff said...

I’m down with all your choices!!

Nick said...

Bosguy can introduce you to ice cold guaraná, a brazilian soft drink
Nick from Brazil

Anonymous said...

Iced tea

Anonymous said...

Cold Pepsi

The Narrow Corner said...

Ice-cold beer

Eric said...

Being from Georgia, Coke Cola is always good. I've also recently discovered Waterloo naturally favored, no sugar added sparking water.

JiEL said...

Iced tea does it for me.

I don't like Coca Cola oe Pepsi for many reasons like the taste and the way they're made.
I like more 7UP or Sprite but as I have diabetes I choose the aspartame ones.

Another good one for me is the Pink Grapefruit and I just found out one in my grocery which has not much suger per quantity and has that good taste.

VRCooper said...

Thirst-quenching beverages of choice:

*Iced tea-no lemon-and very little sugar-NO SWEET TEA

*Soda water on ice-love the carbonation

*Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke-in that order-on rare occasions-maybe twice a month

*I understood the assignment but ice-cold water is my beverage of choice-no lemon^-the majority of the time. I have never drunk in my life.

^I love lemon in deserts BUT not in food or beverages.

naturgesetz said...

Ice-cold Moxie; bourbon manhattan on the rocks.
Nice pics BTW.

Anonymous said...

Guard your loins; the gauntlet has been thrown down.

Coke product are no less than the equivalent of “liquid filth.” This is a well established, scientifically proven fact among

Being native New Yorker, PEPSI is the undisputed KING of soft drinks.

However, Canada Dry Ginger Ale (can) is definitely a serious contender on a hot & humid day.

naturgesetz said...

Iced tea and orange juice is also very good.

jos said...

white wine or beer, with moderation, but I'm a "Mareye cafè" I usually drink a liter coffee in a journey and a cup of tea at the evening