Thursday, July 27, 2023

People…

Every so often, I look at what cats are up for adoption at the local humane society. Currently, they have an abundance of of black cats. I usually just look and have no real temptation to adopt another cat, and I might be tempted but won’t be adopting. However, there was one cat who’s story touched my heart. Here’s their description of her:
Mika (Meeka) is a beautiful feline who goes at her own pace to warm up and solicit attention. She does great with other felines and human friends that get to know her slowly. She seeks an adopter who truly can give her a one-room introduction area, and slowly introduce her to the rest of the house and companions. She came to Vermont from California, and was briefly adopted out there, but she hid in the closet, and was returned shortly after.
That last line: “…but she hid in the closet, and was returned shortly after.” How many of us hid in the closet, too? I can identify with little Mika. I go at my own pace to warm up people and solicit attention.  I hope someone adopts this sweet little girl. I’d like to think that a gay man who will give her a loving home and the loving attention she needs and deserves will adopt her. If I did not have Isabella, I’d be there today to take her home. 

5 comments:

uvdp said...

You don't think Isabelle needs a companion (male or female): she is alone during the day and at night she only thinks of waking you up?

Joe said...

uvdp, she has been around other cats, and it as not a pleasant experience for her nor those around her. She seems to prefer her solitude, even with me sometimes.

JiEL said...

I have three cats, one black 9yo female, a 5yo tabbie grey male and a 5yo male siamese so I can say that each of them have their own behaviors.

For my female she isn't very maternal for the two others and even if she likes me alot, she tolerate the two other younger ones. No agressive behavior but she let the know once in a while that she needs to be alone.

For the males, they are gay guys as the siamese is always with the tabbie and follows him most of the time all over my place.

To say about Mika, my siamese was adpopted in 20199 and was very scared of me and taming was very slow and now, after 4 years, he can come to me when I'm in bed or when I give them their meat. He is now much less scared of me but I cannot take him and pet him only when I'm in bed in the evening or in the morning.
It's a very slow evolution for him which wasn't the case for my two other cats who like to be pet in anytime of the day.

Adopting a cat is to let him go around and wait for him to ajust to humans and other cats in the house.

I think that females are like princesses with special behaviors more oriented on being exclusive to the human or place.

Joe said...

JiEL, Isabella is my little princess, and she knows it.She is quite demanding that I stick to the schedule she expects, but I love her nonetheless.

JiEL said...

I can understand your relationship with isabella for sure.

Forgot to say that my 3 cats come from a cat shelter for whish I was doing some volunteer aid with my car to help them going to vet or to the foster homes etc...

As Mika Adam (the grey tabby with whote paws and belly) was part of 4 cats who were abandoned in a back street in April 2018 in sad wet cold weather when a nice lady rescued them.
Adam was the only male and one female was adopted by the lady who found them.